Thursday, July 31, 2008

Picture time...

My spirit booster.
One of my favorite marshrutkas. I’m still in disbelief over the life span of some of these marshrutkas – constantly surviving a checkerboard of pot holes, while getting rock-and-rolled by oncoming herds of sheep and cows.
Rating outhouses is becoming impulsive…and I keep envisioning this take on that “Doors of Ireland” poster, except it’s “Outhouses of Kyrgyzstan.”

I helped my host aunt make Blinchke (a crepe-like food). For my first time, it turned out alright…but I’m thinking I should attempt an American dish next (say, pizza), so they won’t be able to make such a blatant comparison. Meanwhile, I’ll keep working on the Blinchke. I saw Nutella in the grocery store, so it’s pretty much fate:) By the way, this is my younger host brother...pretty charming;)
My village against the mountains. Even though you are in 108 degree heat, you can still see snow.
All I had to do was step outside the front door and I instantly smiled.

A wedding party...pretty much everybody's mother plus Ann and I.
Besh Barmak (FYI)







3 comments:

Luhmann's said...

I think I figured this out. The Out Building looks like whatr we used in Canada.

Get a picture of you whole family on the blog please.

An Unknown Viewer said...

Erin
I love the pictures. I like the one of the Blinchke, that's the only way I survived in Russia as a vegetarian!
Miss you,
Abbee

Ryokoo said...

Great Pictures...amazing blog i wish u the best for u'r stay in this country